There are so many opportunities to give a little something back this holiday season. Where will you get involved?
CityTeam Oakland Turkey Drive – City Team provides several hundred turkeys for Thanksgiving to those most in need. This year donate online by Sunday Nov 22nd and CityTeam will buy the turkey for you! Click our “Give Online” button in the top right corner and Select “City Team Turkey Drive” in the drop down menu.
Virtual Angel Tree – Prison fellowship connects children with their incarcerated parents. With just a few clicks, you can show a prisoner’s child the love of Jesus—the greatest Gift of all. Here is your link to get started: CLICK HERE. Your access code is [ZMXSK]. After entering the code, you will see virtual tags with the names of children assigned to your church. Just browse through the tags, select the child(ren) you want to sponsor, and click checkout!
Refuge Food Pantry – Over ten years ago, this ministry was created out of a need to support the community in the Monument corridor. As a result of the pandemic, this ministry has grown and is now serving hundreds of families each week. While the Food Pantry has faithful local donors, who provide food every week, they are in need of volunteers to help box and distribute the food. To find out more about this ministry and volunteer opportunities, you can visit https://refugecares.com/foodpantry
Friends Feeding Friends – On a monthly basis, this ministry provides hot lunches and personal hygiene products to the homeless. As a result of Covid, volunteer opportunities have been placed on hold, however, there is an increased need for additional donations. Examples include:
- Easy open canned meals such as chili, ravioli, tuna, hearty ready to eat soups, pouches of lentils, tuna, etc.
- Packaged granola bars, chips, crackers, cookies, fruit snacks, nuts
- Single serve cereal bowls or boxes
- Bottles of nutritional drinks like Boost (cartons explode so plastic bottles are best)
- Dried fruit, or canned pop-top canned fruit (fruit cups also explode)
- Travel size grooming supplies (toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, deodorant, disposable razors, sunscreen, lip balm, etc.)
- Ziplock bags (snack, sandwich, and one gallon sizes) Please email the Missions team if you would like to drop off a donation, or have an order shipped directly to them.